Bombay street food is well known. Bombay street toast is a crispy, tasty, quick and easy recipe. Its stuffing tests delicious. Mint and coriander chutney add extra taste to the sandwich. It is a typical street sandwich.
- 2 tsp Oil
- 1/2 tsp Mustard Seeds
- 1/2 tsp Cumin Seeds
- Curry Leaves
- 1 cup Sliced Onion
- 1/2 cup Tomatoes
- 1 tsp Ginger Garlic Green Chili Paste
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric Powder
- 2 medium size Potatoes
- 1/2 cup Green Peas
- Salt to taste
- Coriander Leaves
- Sandwich Bread
- Coriander-Mint Chutney
- Chopped Onion
- Take two medium size boiled potatoes. Peel and cut them into small cubes.
- Heat up 2 tbsp oil in a pan.
- Add mustard seeds, Cumin seeds, Curry leaves and finely sliced onion.
- Stir well. Cook for 3 - 4 minutes until onion softens up.
- Add diced tomatoes, ginger, garlic, green chili paste, turmeric powder.
- Mix well. Cook for another 3 - 4 minutes until tomatoes become soft.
- Add boiled and cubed potatoes, green peas. Mix well. Mash the potatoes while mixing.
- Add salt to taste, lemon juice and lots of coriander.
- Stir well. Cook for 3 - 4 minutes.
For making sandwich
- Take sandwich butter. Butter it from both sides. Spread coriander and mint chutney.
- Sprinkle some sliced onion. Spread the potato stuffing over the bread evenly.
- Top this up with sliced onion. Cover the bread with another slice.
- Roast the sandwich on skillet from both sides until the bread turns deep golden in color and gets a nice crust.
- Cut the sandwich in half and serve with sauce or chutney.
Leave Your Comment And Suggestion Here
6 October 2015
Very awesome n well explained receipi n variety n easy also keep updating new easy tiffen recepies.thank u
2 October 2015
The sandwich recipe was superb, Thanks Madhura, I am thinking of getting a single burner counter top range like the one you are using in the show. Could you please let me know what type you are using like induction or coil and the brand name. Appreciate your advice on this.