Bombay street food is well known. Bombay street toast is a crispy, tasty, quick and easy recipe. Its stuffing tests delicious. Mint and coriander chutney add extra taste to the sandwich. It is a typical street sandwich.
- 2 tsp Oil
- 1/2 tsp Mustard Seeds
- 1/2 tsp Cumin Seeds
- Curry Leaves
- 1 cup Sliced Onion
- 1/2 cup Tomatoes
- 1 tsp Ginger Garlic Green Chili Paste
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric Powder
- 2 medium size Potatoes
- 1/2 cup Green Peas
- Salt to taste
- Coriander Leaves
- Sandwich Bread
- Coriander-Mint Chutney
- Chopped Onion
- Take two medium size boiled potatoes. Peel and cut them into small cubes.
- Heat up 2 tbsp oil in a pan.
- Add mustard seeds, Cumin seeds, Curry leaves and finely sliced onion.
- Stir well. Cook for 3 - 4 minutes until onion softens up.
- Add diced tomatoes, ginger, garlic, green chili paste, turmeric powder.
- Mix well. Cook for another 3 - 4 minutes until tomatoes become soft.
- Add boiled and cubed potatoes, green peas. Mix well. Mash the potatoes while mixing.
- Add salt to taste, lemon juice and lots of coriander.
- Stir well. Cook for 3 - 4 minutes.
For making sandwich
- Take sandwich butter. Butter it from both sides. Spread coriander and mint chutney.
- Sprinkle some sliced onion. Spread the potato stuffing over the bread evenly.
- Top this up with sliced onion. Cover the bread with another slice.
- Roast the sandwich on skillet from both sides until the bread turns deep golden in color and gets a nice crust.
- Cut the sandwich in half and serve with sauce or chutney.