Batata bhajji is crunchy, crispy, all time favourite tea time snack. This is a very easy and simple recipe. Potato slices dipped in chickpea flour batter and deep fried. These are crispy outside and soft inside. These taste fantastic especially in rainy or winter season. Let’s learn to make potato fritters or batata bhajji.
- 1 1/2 cups Water
- 1 tbsp Salt
- 1 medium size Potato
- 20 tsp Chickpea flour
- 2 tbsp Rice flour
- Turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp Red chili powder
- A pinch of Baking soda
- Finely chopped Coriander leaves
- Oil for frying
- Take water in a bowl and add salt. Stir well and let the salt dissolve in it.
- Take potato and wash it really good. Peel and make thin slices of it.
- Dip these slices in salt water.
- In a bowl take chickpea flour and add rice flour.
- Add turmeric powder, salt, red chili powder, and baking soda.
- Mix well and add a little water at a time and make batter.
- Add coriander leaves and mix well. The batter should be a little thick.
- Rest the batter for about 10-15 minutes.
- Heat up oil in a pan.
- Take slices out of salt water, drain water well and drop them into batter.
- Coat slices really good from all sides and drop them into hot oil with the help of spoon.
- After frying for about 2 minutes, flip bhajji over and fry for about 3-4 minutes from another side as well.
- Take bhajji out of oil into a plate.
- Batata bhajji are already.