Amboli is an authentic Malavani dish. It can be breakfast or can be served as evening snack too. This is very simple and easy recipe. Do not forget to like, comment, share and subscribe.
- 2 cups Rice
- 1 cup Urad dal
- 1/2 tsp Methi / Fenugreek seeds
- Salt to taste
- Take rice and wash it really good 3-4 times.
- Take urad dal and wash it nicely for 3-4 times.
- Soak rice and dal separately in enough water.
- Add fenugreek seeds in urad dal.
- Soak it for about 6-8 hours.
- Blend rice and dal together in blender pot.
- The consistency should be fine like dosa or uttapa batter.
- Take the batter out into a pot.
- Keep the pot in warm place over night or at least for 10-12 hours for fermenting.
- Next morning add salt to taste and mix carefully. Do not mix vigorously.
- Heat up a pan on medium heat.
- Add oil and spread it with tissue.
- Add a ladleful batter at the centre of pan and spread a little.
- Cover and cook on medium heat for about 3-4 minutes.
- After 2 minutes remove the lid and add a little oil around the sides.
- Continue to cook for another 2 minutes.
- Flip over.
- Take out into a dish and amboli is already.