Posted on : 20 July 2015
Veggie puffs are super flekey pastry filled with different type of fillings. Use store bought puff pastry to save time and make creative veggie puffs ADD any filling you want to with pinch of magic & love thats the trick.
Veg or shrimps Puffs Ingredients:
Ready-made puff pastry sheet 1
Mixed veggies,chopped or ADD shrimps 1 cup
Onion 1 no.,small
Ginger garlic paste or fresh chopped (optional) 1/2 tsp
Seasoning- jeera 1 tsp
Red chilli powder/sambar powder(for veg)/ malvani masala( for shrimps) 1 tsp
Garam masala powder 1/2 tsp
Turmeric powder 1/8 tsp
Oil/ ghee As needed
Salt as needed for the veggies or shrimps
Coriander leaves,chopped 2-3 tblsp
1. Thaw the veggies or shrimps if frozen
2. Heat a non pan with a tbsp. of oil and splutter the seasoning, add onions and fry for a minute.
3. Add ginger garlic paste and fry for a minute.
4. Add the veggies or shrimps or anything you want to eat as filling in your puffs let it cook for 3-4 mints. and chopped tomato and add all the powders given in the table.
5. Mix well and fry in low flame till all the masala blends well in the veggies. Lastly add the salt and mix well and cool down.
6. Pre heat the oven in 340 C
7. Thaw and prepare the pastry sheets as per the instructions given in the cover.
8. Cut into rectangles. Keep 2 tbsps. of filling in one side of the rectangle and fold and cover the stuffing.
9. Line a baking tray with aluminum foil and grease it with oil and arrange the puffs.
(I first arranged the cut pastry pieces and then stuffed, in the baking tray itself). Brush the puffs with oil or ghee.
10. Bake for 15-20 mints, until light golden in color. Then broil it on low flame for 3-4 mints, until golden brown in color.
11. Brush again with oil or ghee if desired.