Author : Swapnil Thakkar
Posted on : 1 February 2015
Posted on : 1 February 2015
Enjoy this recipe shared by Swapnil Thakkar. Thanks so much Swapnil for sharing such a wonderful recipe.
Note: This recipe is shared by our viewer and madhurasrecipe.com does not claim this recipe as it's own content.
Real Mumnbai style pav bhaji for which we ll use a large and flat bottom tawa or pan! I personally make this pav bhaji in noon, refrigerate it till evening, reheat and then eat for dinner! It becomes tastier this way, i swear
- 1 green capsicum finely chopped
- 3 tomato finely chopped
- 4 medium sized potatoes
- boiled Half cup of cauliflower boiled (totally optional)
- Half cup green peas boiled 2 onions
- finely chopped 1 green chilly
- finely chopped 6-7 garlic cloves crushed
- A very small piece of ginger crushed
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Salt to taste
- Pinch of turmeric
- 2 tablespoon kashmiri red chilly powder
- 1-2 tablespoon pavbhaji masala (as per ur taste)
- Pinch of asafoetida
- Kasoori methi (just about a teaspoon)
- Lots of coriander leaves
- Lots of butter
- Take large flat bottom pan and heat it
- Add finely chopped capsicum, add little water and let it cook it on medium high flame
- Keep on adding little water at time if needed
- When they softens, add chopped tomatoes and keep on mixing and pressing them with help of pavbhaji crusher
- Keep adding little water time to time
- When both combines n cooked well and get soft, add our boiled and mashed potato, cauliflower and green piece
- Continue cooking them together by pressing with pav bhaji crusher and adding little water
- Add a tablespoon butter so veg do not stick at bottom
- Add salt, little turmeric, 1 tablespoon red chilly powder and 1/2 to 1 tablespoon pavbhaji masala and mix well with crusher.
- In a different small pan heat 1 tablespoon butter, add finely chopped onion, saute for a minute and add finely chopped green chilly, ginger and garlic crushed and saute them for one more minute.
- Add pinch of asafetida, few kasoori methi crushed by hand, one tablespoon kashmiri red chilly powder, 1/2 to 1 tablespoon pavbhaji masala, a handful of coriander leaves and little water, let it cook for 2 more minutes and add this to our main pan in which vegetables are cooking
- Mix everything very well, crush well, we need gravy like consistency, not any capsicum or peas should be identified. add water if required and simmer the bhaji for 5 more minutes
- Again add one tablespoon butter, one teaspoon lemon juice, lots of coriander leaves and salt (salt only if required)
- Bhaji is ready, take it in plate, sprinkle some coriander leaves, a teaspoon of butter and serve it with pav which are roasted in butter
- You may put finely chopped onion n a lemon wedge in a side and add it in bhaji before eating
- We can use the same pan to butter-roast our pav in which we made bhaji, this way it will give nice flavor and softness to the pav (real street side style)
Not Available Related Recipe !