Makar Sankranti is round the corner. Tilache ladoo must a must recipe for Sankranti. This is traditional, authentic Maharashtrian recipe. Let’s make tilache ladoo without burning hands unlike our moms. Do try this recipe and write to me. You also can like, share and subscribe.
- 3/4 cup White sesame seeds
- 1/2 cup Gudh / Jaggery
- 1/4 cup Roasted peanut powder
- 1/2 tsp Cardamom powder
- 1 tbsp Milk
- 1 tbsp Ghee
- Heat up a pan on medium heat.
- Add sesame seeds and roast on medium heat for about 7-8 minutes until these get even, nice golden color.
- Do not roast the sesame seeds on high heat.
- Put the pan aside.
- Heat up another pan on medium heat.
- Add ghee and gudh. You can chop or grate gudh if you want.
- Cook on medium heat for about 3-4 minutes until it is melted properly.
- Add milk and mix well.
- Cook the syrup for about 2-3 minutes more after adding milk.
- Turn off the gas.
- Add cardamom powder and mix quickly.
- Add roasted sesame seeds and peanut powder.
- Mix everything well quickly.
- Rub ghee to your hands.
- Take a spoonful mixture in a spoon and transfer it into another spoon.
- Roll the mixture into round shape while transferring the mixture from one spoon to other.
- When the hot steam is escaped and the mixture is a little cold, transfer the mixture in hand and roll ladoo.
- You have to do this process when the mixture is still hot.
- Tilache ladoos are already.
- If you want to use chikkicha gudh then use 1/4 cup chikkicha gudh and 1/4 cup regular gudh. You also can use 1/2 cup chikkicha gudh.
- Milk gives nice binding to ladoo. If you are using regular gudh then milk helps in binding the ladoo.