Pineapple shrikhand is a delicious dessert prepared with the use of sour cream. You will get nice pineapple punch in each and every bite of this shrikhand.
- 32 oz Sour Cream
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1/4 tsp Cardamom powder
- 1 1/2 cup Pineapple Puree
- 1/2 cup Pineapple chunks
- Lined up a strainer with several layers of cheesecloth. Put one empty bowl underneath lined strainer.
- Now put sour cream in cheesecloth, tie that up.
- Put a heavy weight over covered sour cream and allow it to rest for 1 hour.
- This will ensure to drain all excess water from sour cream.
- Heat pan and pour pineapple puree in that.
- Mix sugar with puree.
- Allow it to cook for 8 to 10 mts or until most of the moisture evaporates from the pineapple puree.
- Once puree turns out thick, add pineapple chunks in that, mix and cook for another 3 to 4 mts.
- Wait until the pineapple mixture cools down.
- Once the extra moisture is drained out from the sour cream.
- Take the drained sour cream in to a bowl.
- Add sugar, cardamom powder and mix well.
- Fold in pineapple mixture.
- Pineapple shrikhand is ready! Serve it with homemade Poori.
Store shrikhand in refrigerator. It stays good for 3 to 4 days.
Use cream cheese in place of sour cream.
Follow my above link for homemade Shrikhand to see how to make shrikhand using yogurt.
Leave Your Comment And Suggestion Here
20 November 2016
Your recipes look great I really want to make them.