Pineapple shrikhand is a delicious dessert prepared with the use of sour cream. You will get nice pineapple punch in each and every bite of this shrikhand.
- 32 oz Sour Cream
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1/4 tsp Cardamom powder
- 1 1/2 cup Pineapple Puree
- 1/2 cup Pineapple chunks
- Lined up a strainer with several layers of cheesecloth. Put one empty bowl underneath lined strainer.
- Now put sour cream in cheesecloth, tie that up.
- Put a heavy weight over covered sour cream and allow it to rest for 1 hour.
- This will ensure to drain all excess water from sour cream.
- Heat pan and pour pineapple puree in that.
- Mix sugar with puree.
- Allow it to cook for 8 to 10 mts or until most of the moisture evaporates from the pineapple puree.
- Once puree turns out thick, add pineapple chunks in that, mix and cook for another 3 to 4 mts.
- Wait until the pineapple mixture cools down.
- Once the extra moisture is drained out from the sour cream.
- Take the drained sour cream in to a bowl.
- Add sugar, cardamom powder and mix well.
- Fold in pineapple mixture.
- Pineapple shrikhand is ready! Serve it with homemade Poori.
Store shrikhand in refrigerator. It stays good for 3 to 4 days.
Use cream cheese in place of sour cream.
Follow my above link for homemade Shrikhand to see how to make shrikhand using yogurt.