7 cup burfi is an Indian sweet prepared around Diwali festival time. In this recipe a cup of each 7 ingredients are used, so that makes it 7 cups Burfi. A very easy recipe for beginers. A must try this Diwali!
- 1 cup Besan / Chickpea lour
- 1 cup Ghee
- 1 cup Whole Milk
- 1 cup resh grated Coconut
- 1 cup Milk powder
- 2 cups Sugar
- 1 cup chopped nuts
- 1/4 tsp Cardamom powder
- Add tbsp of ghee in to pan.
- To that add besan, mix well.
- Roast besan over medium heat for 4 to 5 mts.
- Now to the roasted besan add sugar and coconut.
- Mix well.
- Then add milk, dry nuts and combine well.
- Cook it for 5 to 6 mts.
- Then add milk powder and mix well.
- Now add tbsp of ghee and mix well.
- And continue to cook until the mixture comes together like soft dough.
- Make sure to add tbsp of ghee while you cook the mixture.
- Pour the cooked mixture in to greased dish and spread that out evenly.
- Pop the tray in to refrigerator for 4 to 5 hours.
- Cut in to desired shape.