Limbu sarabat syrup is an easy and quick recipe. Kids and also adults many times want limbu satabat. Squeezing out lemon juice, adding sugar and making sarabat is a bit time consuming process. If you keep this syrup ready, you can serve sarabat in a jiffy. Let’s learn to make limbu sarabat syrup.
- 1 cups Sugar
- 1 cup Water
- 1 tsp Cardamom powder
- 1 cup Lemon juice
- 1~2 Ice cubes
- Pinch of salt
- Take sugar into a pan and add water. Turn on the gas and stir.
- Let all the sugar dissolve in water. Cook the sugar syrup for another 5-6 minutes on medium heat.
- After 5 minutes, check the consistency. We want syrup of single thread consistency.
- When syrup gets single thread consistency, turn off the gas, add cardamom powder and stir well.
- You can skip cardamom powder if you don’t want. Let it cool down completely.
- Take 12 lemons and wash them. Squeeze out the juice. Take 1 cup lemon juice.
- Add lemon juice to sugar syrup and mix well. Lemon sarabat syrup is already.
- You can store the syrup in air tight glass bottle in freeze. It remains good for about 2-3 months.
- While making sarabat, add 1-2 ice cubes into a glass.
- Add 1 tbsp syrup and a pinch of salt. Add cold water and stir well.
- Limbu satrabat is already.