Kairichi dal is a authentic and traditional Maharashtrian summer recipe. We say summer special because kairi i.e. raw mango is available in summer only. This is made from kairi and soaked chana dal. This is a good side dish. Let’s learn to make delicious yet easy and quick kairichi dal.
- 1/2 cup Chana dal
- 1 chopped Green chili
- Salt to taste
- Grated kairi / Raw mango
- 1 tsp Oil
- 1 tsp Mustard seeds
- 1 tsp Cumin seeds
- A pinch of Hing / Asafetida
- Curry leaves
- Turmeric powder
- Finely chopped Coriander leaves
- Take chana dal and wash it really good. Soak it in enough water for at least 3 hours.
- Drain excess water and transfer chana dal into blender pot.
- Add green chili, a few pieces of ginger and salt.
- Blend everything in blender. Do not make fine paste. Let it be a coarse mixture.
- Transfer the blended mixture into a bowl and add kairi and mix well.
- For 1 cup blended dal, add 1/2 cup grated kairi.
- Heat up 1 tsp oil in a tadka pan.
- When oil is enough hot, add mustard seeds, cumin seeds, asafetida, curry leaves and turmeric powder.
- Add tadka into dal and mix well.
- Kairichi dal is already.
- You can have this as it is. Or it can be a good side dish.
- Do not add water while blending dal. Or add minimum water possible.
- You can blend pieces of kairi with dal too.
- You can increase or decrease quantity if kairi according to your taste.