Breadcrumbs are just crumbled bread. It can be used in variety ways like filler or coating or as topping too. Let’s learn to make easy and simple breadcrumbs.
- White bread slices
- Take white bread. Cut of the edges of the bread with the help of knife.
- After removing edges, break the bread into small chunks and put them into a blender pot.
- Blend the chunks in the blender into coarse breadcrumbs.
- Blend the bread in batches. Put a few pieces at a time.
- You can use food processor and give a few pulses to the bread chunks.
- Transfer the breadcrumbs into a rimmed baking tray and spread it out really good.
- Transfer the tray into oven at 350 Deg F or approximately 180 Deg C for just 2 minutes.
- Take it out of the oven after 2 minutes and mix well and again bake for another 2 minutes.
- If you want deep golden color, bake for another 2 minutes.
- Bread crumbs are already.
- You can use these to make burger, cutlets, cheese ball, macaroni balls or for any fried snack on which you like to have crunchy coating.
- The best breads to make breadcrumbs are white bread or whole wheat bread.
- Whole grain bread should not contain any seeds or whole grains.
- Do not use too soft bread.
- Italian bread or French loaf are best option for making breadcrumbs.
- If you are using too fresh bread or soft bread, spread out the bread on any clean surface and let them dry for an hour.
- It is better to use the bread is 1 or 2 days old.