Mughalai egg paratha is made with plain flour and delicious egg filling. This can be perfect and healthy snack. It can also be a good lunch box option. Let’s make Mughalai egg paratha.
- 1 cup Wheat flour
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/4 cup Water
- 2 Eggs
- Finely chopped Onion
- Red chilli powder
- Finely chopped Green chilli
- Salt to taste
- Chat masala
- Finely chopped Coriander leaves
- In a bowl take wheat flour. Add salt and mix well.
- Add little water at a time and knead dough. Make dough as we make for chapatti or fulka.
- Add 3-4 drops of oil and knead for a minute or so.
- The consistency of dough should be semisoft.
- Transfer the dough into a bowl and coat the dough with drop of oil.
- Cover and let it rest for at least 30 minutes.
- Break 2 eggs in a bowl. Beat the eggs with fork really good.
- Add onion, red chili powder, finely chopped green chillies, salt and chat masala. Mix well.
- Add coriander leaves and mix again.
- For Making Paratha:
- Take the dough and knead it once more.
- Divide the dough into two equal portions.
- Roll one part in dry wheat flour and roll it like chapatti. Chapati should be thin.
- Heat up a pan on medium high heat. Try to use deep skillet.
- Spread some oil on skillet. Transfer the rolled chapatti on skillet.
- Add some egg filling on chapatti. Lift chapatti from one side and fold it in half.
- Repeat the same procedure other side too.
- Repeat the same procedure for remaining 2 ends. So that chapatti will be like a pocket.
- Add some more oil. Cook for about 3-4 minutes.
- Flip the paratha over. Cook the paratha on medium heat only. Cook for another 2 minutes.
- Take paratha into a serving dish.
- Mughalai egg paratha is already.
- You can use maida for dough. Or use half maida and half wheat flour. You can change the proportion according to your taste.
- Try to use deep skillet so that the stuffing won’t spill out.