Kombdi Vade is staple food of Malvan which is very popular in west coast in Maharashtra. Very flavorful, crispy and tastes fabulous with Chicken curry specially during rainy day. A must try delicacy!
Preparation time : 20 mts
Cooking time : 20 mts
Serves : 2 people
- 1 tsp Coriander seeds
- 1 tbsp Methi seeds
- 1/2 cup Urad dal
- 1 cup Rice flour
- 1/4 cup Gram flour
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric powder
- Salt to taste
- 1 tbsp Oil
- 1/2 tsp Cumin powder
- Wash and soak split urad dal for 8 hours or overnight.
- Drain water from it and grind to make smooth paste.
- Mix methi and coriander seeds in blender and powder them up.
- Take rice flour in a mixing bowl, to that add gram flour, turmeric powder, methi+coriander seeds powder, cumin powder, salt to taste and 1 tbsp hot oil.
- Mix well.
- Add urad dal paste and start to knead dough.
- Add few tbs water to make it in to stiff dough.
- Leave it to rest for 15 mts.
- Divide dough in small golf size ball.
- Take one ball, apply oil and pat or roll like puri.
- Deep fry until it gets golden spots from both sides.
- Serve hot with chicken or mushroom curry!