Kurkurit kolambi or prawns is a very easy, simple and quick recipe. Prawns are marinated in spices and deep fried. This dish is popular in Maharashtra especially in coastal region. Let’s learn to make Kurkurit kolambi.
- 1/2 kg Kolambi / Prawns fish
- 1 tsp Ginger garlic paste
- 1/4 tsp Turmeric powder
- 1 tsp Red chili powder
- 1 tsp Lemon juice
- Coriander leaves (Optional)
- Salt to taste
- 1/2 cup Rice flour
- 1 tsp Coriander powder
- Oil for frying
- Wash and dry prawns really good.
- Add ginger garlic paste, turmeric powder, red chili powder, lemon juice, coriander leaves and salt to taste. Mix everything well together with hand. Keep it aside.
- Take rice flour and add red chili powder, coriander powder and salt to taste.
- You can skip coriander powder. Mix well.
- Coat the marinated kolambi well with rice flour.
- Heat up oil on medium to high heat.
- Drop kolambi one by one into hot oil with the help of tongues.
- Fry kolambi on medium to high heat for just about 2 minutes.
- Take out from oil and kurkurit kolambi is already.