Boiled Eggs coated with exotic masalas. An awesome variation for Egg Curry, Anda Bhurji.
Preparation time : 20
Cooking time : 40
Serves : 2
For Masala Paste
- 1 tsp Oil
- 1 small Onion
- 2 tbsp fresh Coconut
- 1/2 tsp Garam Masala
- 1/2 tsp Red Chilli powder
- water to grind Masala
For Egg Masala
- 4 Eggs boiled
- 2 tbsp Oil
- 1 med size Onion
- 1 Tomato
- 1 tsp Ginger Garlic paste
- 1 tsp Coriander powder
- 1 tsp Cumin powder
- 1 tsp Garam Masala
- 1 tsp Red Chilli powder
- 1 tsp Brown Sugar
To make Masala Paste
- Heat up tea spoon of oil.
- In that add sliced Onion and saute till it gets deep golden color.
- Then add coconut, mix and cook for 2 to 3 more minutes.
- After masala cools down, put that masala in to blender, add garam masala, chilli powder and water in that and blend to make smooth paste.
- Keep this ground masala aside.
Preparation of Egg Masala
- Heat up oil, add onions and cook until onions soften.
- Then add ginger garlic paste, mix and cook for a minute.
- Add garam masala, coriander powder, cumin powder, mix well and cook for 2 minutes.
- Then add chopped tomatoes in that along with red chilli powder, mix, cover and cook for 4 to 5 minutes.
- Add ground masala paste, mix well, also add brown sugar and salt to taste.
- Add water to adjust consistency.
- Cook for 3 to 4 more minutes.
- Add boiled egg in to masala, cover and cook for 5 minutes.
- Serve hot with rice or roti!
Leave Your Comment And Suggestion Here
9 June 2013
I am sorry, I did not get that. Do you mean the time given is for boiling the egg or cooking eggs in the masala. Thanks for asking.
9 June 2013
Hi, realy sorry, a boiled egg is between 8 to 10 mns, more than 10 mns, the egg start to become green + with a very bad smell. Are you agree with me?