Chicken masala is incredibly rich without being too heavy. The chicken is boiled and spiced with just the right amount of heat. The thick creamy onion and tomato sauceÂ melts deliciously in mouth.
Preparation time : 30 mts
Cooking time : 45 mts
Serves : 6 to 8 people
- Chicken 3 lbs
- 4 Onions chopped in to small cubes
- 2Â Onions chopped finely
- 2 Tomatoes chopped finely
- 3 Cloves of garlic
- 1 inch piece of ginger
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- Oil 8 tsp
- 5 tsp Grated coconut
- Whole garam masala
- 1 1/2 tsp Ginger garlic paste
- Salt to taste
- 1 1/2 tsp Red chilli powder
- 1 tsp Cumin powder
- 2 tsp Coriander powder
- Tomato sauce 3 tsp
- Heat oil in a pressure cooker. Add finely chopped onion and fry till it becomes translucent. Then add turmeric powder and ginger garlic paste and fry till raw smell from ginger garlic goes away. Then add chicken, mix it and add 1/2 cup water. Sprinkle some salt and cook it until 3 whistles.
- Microwave cubed onions for 4 minutes and grated coconut for 1 mts. Combine garlic, ginger and whole garam masala in a blender and crush it. then add oniona and coconut and blend to form a smooth paste.
- Heat oil in a pan. Once oil is hot add masala paste and fry till all the moisture from onions evaporates.
- When masala is slightly dry add cumin powder, coriander powder and red chilli powder and fry till oil starts loosing out from the spices.
- Once oil starts loosing out from spices add tomatoes and cook until tomatoes get mashed up with the gravy. For this add 2 to 3 tsp of chicken stock, cover it and cook for 5 mts.
- Then add tomato sauce.
- Finally add boiled chicken and butter and cook on low flame for 10 mts.
- Chicken masala is ready.
Leave Your Comment And Suggestion Here
30 August 2016
Is dapati eating in the evening
Janani Prasanthini :
24 April 2016
Really nice website Will use in daily basis, yu hav mobile app ?
Saaylee Patankar :
26 February 2016
Hi Madhura.... I made chicken masala and the garlic naans this evening for dinner....and both turned out fantastic....thanks....
17 June 2015
Raj Dhanawade :
27 January 2015
You are doing a great job with recipes. people like me who have to cook once in blue moon needs a refresher and a start. I have used the following recipes from your website to cook but did not follow every step and ingredient as mentioned because of time, gavarichi bhaji with potato (did not use potato) chicken masala, mutton curry, followed the methodology which helped and my dishes have been successful. successful because my abcd kid have tasted and he likes them keep the good work as when moms go home on vaca, have to learn to make mom style food Thank you very much for the recipes, great service provided