Bread Omelet is one of the best omelets you will get from vendors on the streets and it is more popular in Southern part of India.This dish goes well for the people who are just bored with plane omelet. You can eat it with tomato ketch up or chutney or just as it is. Its a full meal by itself!
Preparation time : 10 mts
Cooking time : 5 mts
Serves : 2 people :
- 4 Eggs
- 4 Slices of Bread
- 1 tsp Red Chilli Powder
- 1/4 tsp Turmeric Powder
- Salt to taste
- 1/2 Onion finely chopped
- 1/2 Tomato finely chopped
- 3 tsp Coriander leaves finely chopped
- 2 tsp Oil
- Beat the eggs properly. Now add red chilli powder, turmeric powder and salt to it. And mix it very good. There should not be any lump of dry spices.
- Put the pan on medium heat. Meanwhile toast the bread slices using toaster. If you don't have toaster then you can toast the bread slices on pan only with using some butter.
- Put 1 tsp oil in the same pan. Once the oil is hot pour the egg mixture in a pan to prepare omelet. Let it cook for a minute. Now deep bread slices in a egg mixture and keep it aside.
- Let it cook for another 2 minutes. Now put the bread slice that's been dipped in egg mixture facing dipped side up on cooked omelet and gently press it down.
- Now flip the omelet carefully by holding both the bread slices with tips of your finger.
- Cook it for 2 minutes from other side. Fold it
- Serve hot with ketch up or mint chutney!