Bhuna chicken is a healthy and easy dish which gets ready in a jiffy. Needs very few ingredients and minimum sauteing, which helps to carry on some other tasks while the cooking is going on.
- 2 tbsp Oil
- 1 lb Chicken
- 1/2 cup Onion chopped
- 1/2 cup Tomato chopped
- 1 Green Chilli chopped
- 1 tsp Red Chilli powder
- 1/2 tsp Cumin powder
- 2 tsp Coriander powder
- 1 tsp Garam masala
- 1/4 tsp Turmeric powder
- 2 tsp Ginger garlic paste
- 1/4 cup chopped Coriander Leaves
- Heat oil in a pan over medium high heat.
- Then add onions, turmeric powder, ginger garlic paste, coriander powder, cumin powder and chicken.
- Mix everything very well.
- Then cover and cook for 15 mts.
- After 15 mts of cooking, add tomatoes, red chilli powder, green chilli, garam masala and salt.
- Mix well.
- Now cook until chicken gets tender. You don't need to cover the pan from this point onward.
- After chicken is cooked garnish with coriander leaves.
- Use chicken pieces in uniform size, so that chicken will cook evenly.
- I preferably use chicken with bones. You may also use boneless and skinless chicken.