Ande ki biryani is a delicious and flavorful rice affair, and unlike other biryani preparations, it doesn't take longer time to cook. Its a once pot meal with a good source of protein from eggs.
For Egg Biryani
- 1 tbsp Oil
- 1 cup Basmati Rice
- 1 1/4 cup water
- 1 tsp Cumin Seeds
- 2 Black Cardamom
- 3 Bay Leafs
- 5 Cloves
- 5 Black Peppercorns
- 1 Javetri
- 1" Cinnamon stick
- 1 tsp ginger garlic paste
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 1/2 tsp Coriander powder
- 1/2 cup Yogurt / curd
- 1 tsp red Chilli powder
- 1/2 tsp garam masala
- 1 tsp Biryani masala
- 2 Green chillies
- 1/2 cup chopped coriander leaves
- 1/4 cup chopped mint leaves
- 6 boiled Eggs
- 1 tsp Oil
- 1/2 tsp Chilli powder
- 1/2 tsp Biryani Masala
For Egg Biryani layers
Egg Biryani Preparation
- Wash rice well under cold water and soak rice in enough water for 30 mts.
- Heat oil in a pan.
- Once oil is hot add cumin seeds and whole spices javetri, black cardamom, cinnamon stick, cloves, black peppercorns, bay leafs and mix well.
- Once whole spices start to pop, add onion, mix and cook till onion gets little browing around the edges.
- Add ginger garlic paste, turmeric powder, coriander powder, mix and cook for 2 mts.
- Add yogurt and mix well.
- Add green chillies, red chilli powder, biryani masala, garam masal and mix well.
- Add soaked and drained rice in to gravy, mix well.
- Add water, salt and mix well.
- Bring to a boil.
- Once the rice comes to a boil, lower down the heat to medium, cover and cook till most of the moisture is been absorbed in the rice.
- Cover and simmer on a very low heat for 15 mts.
Masala Egg Preparation
- Take boiled eggs and make some gashes around boiled eggs.
- Heat tsp of oil in a pan, to that add eggs.
- Roast eggs for 4 to 5 mts or until you see eggs stat to get little browing.
- Season eggs with chilli powder, biryani masala and salt, mix well.
- Cook for 2 more mts.
- Once rice is cooked, put in masala eggs in cooked rice.
- Fluff up the rice to cover the eggs in.
- Sprinkle some biryani masala.
- Add some saffron water.
- Add coriander leaves and mint leaves.
- Also spread some fried onion.
- Add tbsp of ghee or clarified butter.
- Cover and simmer on low heat for 10 more mts.
Paneer Mushroom Biryani
Chicken Biryani Latest
Leave Your Comment And Suggestion Here
4 January 2015
Turned out to be delicious egg biryani. I used Rajah tandoori masala instead of biryani masala. Thanks for a wonderdul recipe.
26 September 2014
Very nice, prepared twice. I never cooked before in my life and I cooked most of your recipes. I picked passion of cooking by watching your videos. Good job.
13 September 2014
hey we r trying ur recipies at home.they are tasty.
deepika manjrekar :
1 May 2014
hi madhura ur recipe of egg briyani dat i hv tried at home it was very very nice. me and my family like it most
30 March 2014
Bhavna Belgundkar :
2 March 2014
Hi Madhura, i am very thankful to you for your recipes i have tried egg masala & masala bhat it was superb, my husband like it a lot. i am going to try all your recipes, we all like you. Thanx.
29 December 2013
Thank you so much madhura didi!! I love all the dishes, I've started cooking only after visiting ur site!! U r explaining in a simple n clear way!! Thanks once again! Keep going
27 November 2013
I am really thankful to you that when I first tried the first recipe in the month of September2013 .I prepare all my lunch & dinner from your recipes. I THANK YOU ONCE AGAIN.
sarita shetty :
9 October 2013
Hi madhura, thank u so much for anda biryani