Ande ki biryani is a delicious and flavorful rice affair, and unlike other biryani preparations, it doesn't take longer time to cook. Its a once pot meal with a good source of protein from eggs.
For Egg Biryani
- 1 tbsp Oil
- 1 cup Basmati Rice
- 1 1/4 cup water
- 1 tsp Cumin Seeds
- 2 Black Cardamom
- 3 Bay Leafs
- 5 Cloves
- 5 Black Peppercorns
- 1 Javetri
- 1" Cinnamon stick
- 1 tsp ginger garlic paste
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 1/2 tsp Coriander powder
- 1/2 cup Yogurt / curd
- 1 tsp red Chilli powder
- 1/2 tsp garam masala
- 1 tsp Biryani masala
- 2 Green chillies
- 1/2 cup chopped coriander leaves
- 1/4 cup chopped mint leaves
- 6 boiled Eggs
- 1 tsp Oil
- 1/2 tsp Chilli powder
- 1/2 tsp Biryani Masala
For Egg Biryani layers
Egg Biryani Preparation
- Wash rice well under cold water and soak rice in enough water for 30 mts.
- Heat oil in a pan.
- Once oil is hot add cumin seeds and whole spices javetri, black cardamom, cinnamon stick, cloves, black peppercorns, bay leafs and mix well.
- Once whole spices start to pop, add onion, mix and cook till onion gets little browing around the edges.
- Add ginger garlic paste, turmeric powder, coriander powder, mix and cook for 2 mts.
- Add yogurt and mix well.
- Add green chillies, red chilli powder, biryani masala, garam masal and mix well.
- Add soaked and drained rice in to gravy, mix well.
- Add water, salt and mix well.
- Bring to a boil.
- Once the rice comes to a boil, lower down the heat to medium, cover and cook till most of the moisture is been absorbed in the rice.
- Cover and simmer on a very low heat for 15 mts.
Masala Egg Preparation
- Take boiled eggs and make some gashes around boiled eggs.
- Heat tsp of oil in a pan, to that add eggs.
- Roast eggs for 4 to 5 mts or until you see eggs stat to get little browing.
- Season eggs with chilli powder, biryani masala and salt, mix well.
- Cook for 2 more mts.
- Once rice is cooked, put in masala eggs in cooked rice.
- Fluff up the rice to cover the eggs in.
- Sprinkle some biryani masala.
- Add some saffron water.
- Add coriander leaves and mint leaves.
- Also spread some fried onion.
- Add tbsp of ghee or clarified butter.
- Cover and simmer on low heat for 10 more mts.
Leave Your Comment And Suggestion Here
John wheeler :
8 November 2015
Hello Madhura, I am an English guy living in Oxford England UK with Costa Rican wife and a grown up daughter , we all love Indian food ,but never seem to be able to make genuine Indian food, I have just come across your YouTube vids: and find your recipes absolutely beautiful and brilliant, I love your presentation by the way, you make everything seem so simple , at last I have found someone who's recipes I can trust to make real Indian food, you really should be writing books as I am sure they would sell very well, I realise that would require a lot of your time especially as you have devoted most of your time to raising your daughter which I think is fantastic , it was what my wife done with our daughter, it really is quite unique these days, you have inspired me to go out and buy all the ingredients and follow your recipes and make some wonderful Indian food that I'm sure will astound everyone, I will be following your videos with great interest, Many thanks and keep up the good work your absolutely brilliant and a very lovely person your husband is very lucky to have such a lovely caring wife, Good luck and keep safe and healthy as I am sure you are being a vegetarian as is my daughter, Hope you have a wonderful Christmas and please start publishing books they will sell well, thankyou so much for the inspiration, John
25 March 2015
Madhura, couldn't wait for your reply. Your recipe tuened out too Good. I guesS ur ths recipe serves 2 people.
25 March 2015
Madhur ths recipe will serve how many pax??
7 February 2015
Hi Madhura Yor racepie for Egg Birayni was too easy and the Birayni turned out too good. Tks
4 January 2015
Turned out to be delicious egg biryani. I used Rajah tandoori masala instead of biryani masala. Thanks for a wonderdul recipe.
26 September 2014
Very nice, prepared twice. I never cooked before in my life and I cooked most of your recipes. I picked passion of cooking by watching your videos. Good job.
13 September 2014
hey we r trying ur recipies at home.they are tasty.
deepika manjrekar :
1 May 2014
hi madhura ur recipe of egg briyani dat i hv tried at home it was very very nice. me and my family like it most
30 March 2014
Bhavna Belgundkar :
2 March 2014
Hi Madhura, i am very thankful to you for your recipes i have tried egg masala & masala bhat it was superb, my husband like it a lot. i am going to try all your recipes, we all like you. Thanx.
29 December 2013
Thank you so much madhura didi!! I love all the dishes, I've started cooking only after visiting ur site!! U r explaining in a simple n clear way!! Thanks once again! Keep going
27 November 2013
I am really thankful to you that when I first tried the first recipe in the month of September2013 .I prepare all my lunch & dinner from your recipes. I THANK YOU ONCE AGAIN.
sarita shetty :
9 October 2013
Hi madhura, thank u so much for anda biryani