Ande ki biryani is a delicious and flavorful rice affair, and unlike other biryani preparations, it doesn't take longer time to cook. Its a once pot meal with a good source of protein from eggs.
For Egg Biryani
- 1 tbsp Oil
- 1 cup Basmati Rice
- 1 1/4 cup water
- 1 tsp Cumin Seeds
- 2 Black Cardamom
- 3 Bay Leafs
- 5 Cloves
- 5 Black Peppercorns
- 1 Javetri
- 1" Cinnamon stick
- Finely chopped Onion
- 1 tsp ginger garlic paste
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 1/2 tsp Coriander powder
- 1/2 cup Yogurt / curd
- 1 tsp red Chilli powder
- 1/2 tsp garam masala
- 1 tsp Biryani masala
- 2 Green chillies
- 1/2 cup chopped coriander leaves
- 1/4 cup chopped mint leaves
- 6 boiled Eggs
- 1 tsp Oil
- 1/2 tsp Chilli powder
- 1/2 tsp Biryani Masala
For Egg Biryani layers
Egg Biryani Preparation
- Wash rice well under cold water and soak rice in enough water for 30 mts.
- Heat oil in a pan.
- Once oil is hot add cumin seeds and whole spices javetri, black cardamom, cinnamon stick, cloves, black peppercorns, bay leafs and mix well.
- Once whole spices start to pop, add onion, mix and cook till onion gets little browing around the edges.
- Add ginger garlic paste, turmeric powder, coriander powder, mix and cook for 2 mts.
- Add yogurt and mix well.
- Add green chillies, red chilli powder, biryani masala, garam masal and mix well.
- Add soaked and drained rice in to gravy, mix well.
- Add water, salt and mix well.
- Bring to a boil.
- Once the rice comes to a boil, lower down the heat to medium, cover and cook till most of the moisture is been absorbed in the rice.
- Cover and simmer on a very low heat for 15 mts.
Masala Egg Preparation
- Take boiled eggs and make some gashes around boiled eggs.
- Heat tsp of oil in a pan, to that add eggs.
- Roast eggs for 4 to 5 mts or until you see eggs stat to get little browing.
- Season eggs with chilli powder, biryani masala and salt, mix well.
- Cook for 2 more mts.
- Once rice is cooked, put in masala eggs in cooked rice.
- Fluff up the rice to cover the eggs in.
- Sprinkle some biryani masala.
- Add some saffron water.
- Add coriander leaves and mint leaves.
- Also spread some fried onion.
- Add tbsp of ghee or clarified butter.
- Cover and simmer on low heat for 10 more mts.