This recipe is inspired from a wonderful person that's my mother in law. She makes the best Non-veg dishes reveling her own cooking style. Shrimps cooked in spicy coconut based sauce gives it an amazing depth of flavors! This curry gets smooth, thick texture imparted from the addition of coconut. The dish forms a perfect combo with plane boiled rice, roti or chapati!
Preparation time : 25 mts
Cooking time : 30 mts
Serves : 4 people
- 1 big Onion finely chopped
- 1 Tomato diced
- 4 tsp Oil
- 1 lb Shrimp
- 1/4 tsp Black Pepper
- 1 tsp Red Chilli powder
- 1/4 tsp Turmeric powder
- 1 tsp Lemon Juice
- 4 dried Red Chillies
- 1/4 cup frozen of fresh Coconut
- 3 cloves of Garlic
- 1 tsp Ginger garlic paste
- 1/2 cup Coriander leaves
- 1 1/2 tsp Coriander powder
- 1 tsp Cumin powder
- 1 tsp Garam Masala
- Wash shrimps well in cold water and remove its tail.
- Take red chilli powder, ginger garlic paste, black pepper, lemon juice, turmeric powder in a bowl, add shrimps to it, mix well and marinate shrimps for 30 mts.
- Take 3 to 4 dried red chillies remove seeds and soak in hot water for 30 mts. Now take coconut, garlic and red chillies in to blender and grind to make smooth paste.
- Heat up oil, add onions and saute till onions gets light brown color.
- Add coriander powder, cumin powder, mix and cook for 2 mts.
- Add coconut paste, mix well and cook for 5 mts.
- Add tomatoes, red chilli powder, mix well, add some water, cover and cook for 5 mts till tomatoes become soft and well blended with onions.
- Add marinated shrimps, mix, add water, salt to taste, mix well, cover and cook for just about 5 mts on a medium heat till the shrimps are cooked.
- Garnish with coriander leaves!
- Remove seeds from red chillies before you would soak it.
- You may also keep tail part of shrimps suitable to your taste.
- Don't cook Shrimps for longer time otherwise it would turn more rubbery.