Tikhi Mirchi layi hoon, main Kolhapurse aayi hoon ;) Spicy, Hot, Exotic real Kolahpuri chicken. It goes really well with home made light, fluffy, crispy jwarichi bhakari or with some naan!
Note - Be warned, it might be hair rising for other who eats less spicy food ;)
Preparation time : 20 mts
Cooking time : 30 mts
Serves : 4 to 6 people
- 3 tbsp Oil
- 1 tsp Cumin Seeds
- 1 tbsp Coriander seeds
- 2 tbsp Sesame seeds
- 1 tbsp Poppy seeds
- 2 tbsp Chopped Garlic
- Whole Garam spices (Bay leaf, Green
- Cardamom, 2-3 Cloves. Black
- 1 star anise)
- 1 big Onion sliced
- 1 Tomato diced
- 1/2 tsp Garam masala powder
- 3 tbsp dry shredded Coconut
- 1 tbsp Degi mirch powder
Ingredients for Marination
- 1 lb Chicken drumsticks
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric powder
- 1 tsp Red Chilli powder
- 1 tbsp Ginger Garlic paste
- 1 tbsp Lemon Juice
- 1 tsp Garam Masala
- Wash chicken pieces well and remove its skin or fats part.
- Add ginger garlic paste, red chilli powder, garam masala, turmeric powder, salt, lemon juice to chicken, rub all spices well on chicken and keep to marinate for 30 mts.
- Heat up oil, add cumin seeds, whole garam spices, coriander seeds, sesame seeds, poppy seeds, chopped garlic and cook till spices start to change its color.
- Add dry grated coconut, sliced onion and cook till onion gets light brown color.
- Add tomatoes to blender, add onion masala, some water and grind to make smooth paste.
- Heat up oil, add ground masala paste, add red chilli powder, garam masala and cook for just 5 mts.
- Add marinated chicken pieces, mix well, add water to desired consistency, cover and cook for 20 mts. till the time chicken gets tender.
- Hot and spicy Kolapuri Chicken is good to go!
- Marination helps chicken to get cook faster and improves its flavor.
- If degi mirch is not available, use regular red chilli powder.