Kadhai Chicken is very popular north Indian recipe because of its spicy and juicy flavour
- Chicken 1 lb
- 2 Big Onions finely chopped
- 2 Tomatoes finely chopped
- 1 tsp Garam masala
- 4 tsp red chilli powder
- 1 1/2 tsp coriander powder
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/4 cup green pepper
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 2 tsp ginger garlic paste
- 1/2 tsp cumin powder
- Whole Garam masla
- First marinate chicken. For this add 2 tsp red chilli powder, 1 tsp ginger garlic paste, turmeric powder, lemon juice, salt and mix this well. To this add chopped chicken pieces and mix well. Marinate this for half hour
- Heat 6 tsp oil in a pan. Once oil is hot add whole garam masala, then add onions and saute the onions till it gets light brown color.
- Add ginger garlic paste and saute till raw smell from ginger garlic goes away.
- Add coriander powder, cumin powder and saute for 2 mts.
- Now add tomatoes and cook till tomatoes gets fully mashed up with onions. For this cover it and cook for 5 mts.
- Add red chilli powder an cook till oil starts loosing out from the spices.
- Now add marinated chicken and half cup water and mix all well. Cover it and cook for 10 mts.
- After 10 mts open the cover, stir the chicken, cover and cook for another 10 mts.
- Once chicken is 80% cooked add garam masala and bell pepper, mix well, cover and cook for 5 to 10 mts till chicken and pepper gets fully cooked.
- Kadhai Chicken is ready to serve now!