Kadhai Chicken is very popular north Indian recipe because of its spicy and juicy flavour
- Chicken 1 lb
- 2 Big Onions finely chopped
- 2 Tomatoes finely chopped
- 1 tsp Garam masala
- 4 tsp red chilli powder
- 1 1/2 tsp coriander powder
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/4 cup green pepper
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 2 tsp ginger garlic paste
- 1/2 tsp cumin powder
- Whole Garam masla
- First marinate chicken. For this add 2 tsp red chilli powder, 1 tsp ginger garlic paste, turmeric powder, lemon juice, salt and mix this well. To this add chopped chicken pieces and mix well. Marinate this for half hour
- Heat 6 tsp oil in a pan. Once oil is hot add whole garam masala, then add onions and saute the onions till it gets light brown color.
- Add ginger garlic paste and saute till raw smell from ginger garlic goes away.
- Add coriander powder, cumin powder and saute for 2 mts.
- Now add tomatoes and cook till tomatoes gets fully mashed up with onions. For this cover it and cook for 5 mts.
- Add red chilli powder an cook till oil starts loosing out from the spices.
- Now add marinated chicken and half cup water and mix all well. Cover it and cook for 10 mts.
- After 10 mts open the cover, stir the chicken, cover and cook for another 10 mts.
- Once chicken is 80% cooked add garam masala and bell pepper, mix well, cover and cook for 5 to 10 mts till chicken and pepper gets fully cooked.
- Kadhai Chicken is ready to serve now!
Leave Your Comment And Suggestion Here
15 September 2015
Chicken kati roll recipes pls send
17 June 2015
17 November 2014
Hi Madhu..,i tried the recipe..its really good..my husband loved it.It is easy to prepare and tastes great..Thanks to you...keep posting..
24 May 2014
Madhura,,,like your receipe s as they are very easy to cook and mostly use spices that are commonly available at home...keep posting such recipes...would like some easy apetizers...and breakfast recepi..which will be easy to prepare and healthy too...Thanks..
27 September 2013
Hi MAdhura, Awesome recipe. Just wanted to point out that your text does not mention capsicum anywhere but do add it to the recipe in your video. Cheers and keep up the awesome job!