Mackerel Fish or Bangda are simmered in rich coconut sauce. This dish is extremely health apart from appealing to taste buds!
Preparation time : 20 mts
Cooking time : 20 mts
Serves : 4 people
- 1 lb mackerel fish / Bangda
- 1 Onion finely chopped
- 2 tbsp Oil
- 1 tbsp finely chopped Garlic
- 1 tsp Coriander powder
- 1 tbsp Red Chilli powder
- 1/2 tsp Garam masala
- 1 tbsp Tamarind Pulp
- 1 tsp Turmeric powder
- 1 tsp Ginger Garlic paste
- 1 tbsp Lemon juice
- 1 cup fresh coconut
- Rub salt and lemon juice on fish pieces very well and keep for 20 mts.
- Take fresh coconut in to mixie pot, add garam masala, red chilli powder, water and grind to make smooth puree.
- After 20 mts wash fish very well under cold water and pat dry using paper towel.
- Once fish is dried to that add ginger garlic paste, turmeric powder and keep aside.
- Heat up oil, add chopped onion and cook until onion becomes soft.
- Add chopped garlic and cook for a minute.
- Add coriander powder and cook for 2 mts.
- Add coconut paste and cook for 7 mts.
- Add water, mix, add salt, tamarind pulp and mix well.
- Add fish pieces, cover and cook for 5 mts.
- After 5 mts open cover flip the fish and cook for 5 more mts.
- Fish curry is ready to be served. Serve hot with Rice Roti or Jawar Bhakari!
Not Available Related Recipe !