Chicken curry is a common delicacy in India. In this chicken is cooked in gravy and flavored with different spices. A very flavorful, spicy recipe loved by all. Let’s learn to make chicken curry.
- 1 tbsp Oil
- Finely chopped Onion
- 1 tbsp Ginger garlic paste
- 1/4 tsp Turmeric powder
- 250 gms Chicken pieces
- 1/2 cup Water
- Salt to taste
- 2 tbsp grated dry Coconut
- 1 tsp Oil
- 4-5 chopped Garlic cloves
- 1/2” Ginger
- 2 medium size sliced Onion
- 1 tbsp Oil
- 2 tbsp Goda masala
- 1 tbsp Red chili powder
- Heat up oil in cooker. Add finely chopped onion and fry for about 3-4 minutes.
- Add ginger garlic paste and turmeric powder. Fry for another minute.
- Wash the chicken really good under running water for 4-5 times and add to cooker.
- Mix well and add water. Add salt and mix well again.
- Close the lid and cook on medium heat until 2 whistles.
- In a pan take dry coconut. Roast on medium until it gets reddish color for about 2-3 minutes.
- Transfer the roasted coconut into blender pot.
- In the same pan add 1 tsp oil. Add garlic and ginger and sliced onion.
- Roast on medium heat for about 7-8 minutes until onion turns red.
- Turn off the gas and transfer the roasted onion into blender pot containing roasted coconut.
- When onion cools down a bit, add water and blend in into paste.
- In another pan, heat up 1 tbsp oil.
- When oil is enough hot, add the coconut-onion paste and fry for about 2 minutes.
- Add goda masala and red chili powder.
- Fry the masala until it releases oil for about 5-6 minutes.
- Add cooked chicken with chicken stock and mix well.
- Add water. You can adjust the consistency according to your taste.
- Add salt. Keep in mind you have added salt while cooking the chicken. So adjust accordingly. Mix well.
- Cover and cook on medium heat for about 4-5 minutes.
- Turn off the heat. Chicken curry is already.
- This chicken curry goes well with jawar or bajra bhakari. You can have it with rice too.
Leave Your Comment And Suggestion Here
Sanjay h birhade :
28 January 2017
Madhuraji namaskar.very nice & easy to understand & make this delicious chicken curry presented by u.we r delighted by this recepie.we r grateful to u & thanks for uploading this video on youtube. Normally we use to make fish curry of rav fish or katla fish,kindly suggest for these 2 fish recepies.thnks once again. Birhade & family
27 January 2017
mast kanda bhaji