Butter chicken which is also knows as Murgh Makhani is boneless pieces of chicken cooked in butter with tomato sauce which is a favorite specialty all over India. Check this out easy, tasty recipe and everyone' s all time favorite dish
Preparation time :
Cooking time :
- 4 Tomatoes
- 1 lb Chicken Breast
- 1 tbsp Oil
- 1/2 tbsp Red Chilli powder
- 1 tsp Cumin Seeds
- 1/2 tsp Garam Masala
- 1 tbsp Coriander Seeds
- 1 tsp Coriander powder
- 1 tsp Fennel Seeds
- 2 tbsp thick Yogurt
- 1 Bay Leaf
- 1 tsp Cumin powder
- 3 Green Cardamom
- 1/2 tsp Kasoori methi
- 3 Black Peppercorns
- 1 tbsp Lemon juice
- 3 Cloves
- 3 tbsp Butter
- 1 1/2 tsp Kasoori Methi
- 1 tbsp Sugar
- 1 tbsp Ginger Garlic paste
- 1 tsp Red Chilli powder
- 1 tbsp Poppy Seeds
- Take chicken breast, cut in thin strips, wash well and pat dry using paper towel or napkin.
- Take red chilli powder, garam masala, coriander powder, cumin powder, salt, kasoori methi, add some lemon juice, yogurt, in a deep bowl and mix well.
- Add chicken pieces, mix well with marinade, cover and keep for 1 hour.
- After one hour transfer marinated chicken in greased baking tray, drizzle some oil over it and bake for 15 to 20 minutes on 400 degree fahrenheit.
- Heat up oil a tbsp oil, add cumin seeds, whole garam spices, coriander seeds and cook till nice aroma starts to come from spices and they change its color.
- Add fenel seeds, mix and cook for a minute.
- Add chopped tomatoes, sprinkle some salt, mix, cover and cook for 5 to 7 mts on medium heat.
- Soak poppy seeds in hot water for 1 hour.
- First add soaked poppy seeds in grinder and grind well.
- Now add tomato masala and grind well to make a very smooth puree.
- Heat up 3 tbsp butter, add ground masala paste, red chilli powder and cook till oil starts to separate from spices.
- Add leftover juice from baked chicken and some extra water to make gravy kind consistency.
- Add baked chicken pieces, kasooriÂ methi, cover and cook for 5 mts on medium heat.
- Garnish with fresh cream!
- If oven is not available, saute chicken pieces on skillet with enough oil.
- Substitute poppy seeds by using 3 to 4 cashew nuts.