Tosha is a Sindhi dessert which is made by frying plain flour rolls and then dipping them in sugar syrup. This is very quick and easy. It is an addictive sweet. Enjoy Tosha.
- Preparation time : 15 mts
- Cooking time : Â 40 mts
- Serves :Â 4 people
- 1 cup Maida
- 1 tsp Sooji / Rava
- 1/4 cup Yogurt
- 1 tbsp Oil
- Salt to taste
- 1/4 tsp Baking Soda
- 2 cups Sugar
- 1 cup Water
- Sieve the maida in a mixing bowl. After maida is sieved to that add sooji, salt, baking soda and oil.
- Mix everything together really good.
- Add yogurt and make that in to semi soft dough.
- Cover and let it seat for 1 hour at warm place.
- Meanwhile boil sugar with water in to saucepan. Simmer it for 10 mts or until syrup gets two thread consistency.
- Now take dough and divide it in to small lemon size balls.
- Now make oblong shapes from dough balls.
- Deep fry tosha in hot oil until it gets deep golden color all the way through.
- Take out fried tosha on to paper towel and put fried tosha in to sugar syrup.
- Roll toshas very well with sugar syrup.
- Remove from syrup and store them at room temperature.
Not Available Related Recipe !