Sheera is a simple yet wonderful dessert that can be made in jiffy. It is a traditional recipe. You can find all the ingredients readily available in your kitchen. Sometimes milk is also added instead of water for variation in taste. There are another variations like mango sheer, pineapple sheera or prasadacha sheera too. Here is Sheera / Sooji halwa recipe.
- 1/2 cup barik Rava / Sooji
- 3 1/2 tbsp Ghee
- 1 1/2 cup Water
- Assorted dry fruits (Almonds, Cashews and raisins)
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 1/4 spoon Cardamom powder
- Heat a pan on low heat.
- Add rava, ghee. Mix well and roast the rava on medium heat until it turns reddish.
- Add boiling hot water. Add dry fruits. Mix well.
- No lumps of rava should be formed.
- Add sugar after rava absorbs all the water.
- Add cardamom powder. Stir well.
- Cover and cook for 5 minutes on medium heat.
- Remove the lid and stir well.
- Add ghee. Mix well.
- Turn off the heat and sheera is already.