Mysore bondas are fried dumplings made with flour, yogurt and spices. It is a very traditional and delicious evening snack from Mysore Cuisine.
- Preparation time : 10 mts
- Cooking time :Â 30 mts
- Serves : 2Â people
- 3/4 cup Maida
- 1/4 cup Rice Flour
- 1 tsp Cumin Seeds
- Curd / Yogurt
- 2 Green Chillies
- 1" piece of Ginger
- 1/4 tsp Baking Soda
- Oil for deep frying
- First mix green chillies and ginger in to blender and make that in to paste.
- Take maida, rice flour in to mixing bowl.
- To that add curd and make that in to semi thick batter.
- Add ginger chilli paste, baking soda, salt to taste in to batter and mix well.
- Cover the batter and set that aside for 2 hours.
- After two hours again mix batter very well.
- Heat up oil for deep frying over medium to high heat.
- Now with the help of ice cream scoop scoop out the batter in to hot oil to make small lemon sized vadas.
- Drop 4 to 5 vadas at a time in to hot oil.
- Deep fry till it gets good golden color.
- Serve hot with chutney!