This is a healthy burger recipe with goodness of lentils and vegetables. You can absolutely make it low fat by shallow frying patty and avoiding cheese and mayo in the recipe. A perfect recipe to please your kids....
For making Veggie Pattie
- 2 tbsp Green Moong
- 2 tbsp Whole Masoor
- 1 tsp Olive Oil
- 1/4 Cup Chopped Green Pepper
- 1 Cup Spinach Finely Chopped
- 1/4 Cup Chopped Mushrooms
- 1 tsp Garlic
- 1 tsp Finally chopped Green Chilies
- 1 tsp Black Pepper
- 1 tsp Oregano
- Corn Flour
- Salt to taste
- Corn Flakes
For assembling Burger
- Burger Buns
- Tomato Ketchup
- Cheese Slices
How to cook beans?
- Take 2 tbsp green moong beans, wash them and soak them in water for 2 hours.
- Once green beans are soaked, wash masoor beans and mix them with soaked green beans.
- Put then together in to pressure cooker and cook until once whistle.
- Once the beans are cooked drain off all excess moisture from the beans.
How to cook vegetables?
- Heat oil in a pan.
- Once oil is hot add green pepper and mushrooms,
- Mix well and cook for 4 to 5 mts.
- Season that with garlic, oregano, green chilli, black pepper.
- Add chopped spinach leaves, mix well.
- Cook for 2 to 3 mts more or until spinach leaves wilt down.
- Add salt to taste.
How to make veggie patty mixture?
- Take wheat bread slice and crumble it down in to bowl.
- To that add boiled beans and mash it lightly.
- Fold in cooked veggies in to mashed beans along with corn flour.
Making Veggie patties
- Make small burger bun size patties from the patty mixture.
- Roll the patties well from both the sides in to corn flakes or bread crumbs.
- Heat oil in a pan and shallow fry patties from both the sides till it gets deep golden color.
- Remove fried patties on to paper towel.
How to assemble Veggie Burger?
- Toast burger buns in a toaster or on a skillet.
- Put mayonnaise on to one side of burger bun.
- Put lettuce leaves over mayonnaise.
- The put veggie patty over lettuce leaves.
- Cover veggie patty with a slice of cheese.
- Put slices of tomatoes and onions over cheese.
- Now put ketchup on the other burger bun and put that to make cover the patty.
- Veggie burger is ready!
- The other beans that would work for this recipe are garbanzo beans, red kidney beans, black beans.
- Use guacamole in place of mayonnaise to make it healthy.
Leave Your Comment And Suggestion Here
2 November 2016
Hare krsna Mataji. i had tried your messoor pak recipe as per your instruction the dark brownish was not visible and was not porous also amd it was hard to break while eating.
Sandhya Gokhale :
20 December 2014
Madhura you are the best. And oh soooo talented. Thanks for the recipes
19 March 2014
hi madhura love your recepies i want to learn pav bread in microwave. plzzzzz help me out of this i will be thankful if tell me