A nice combination of dal and wheat dumplings. Great to cook on lazy days when not in mood to cook rice, sabzi. It includes dal, wheat roti, its a full meal by itself.
Preparation time : 20 mts
Cooking time : 30 mts
Serves : 4 people
- 2 cups Toor Dal boiled and mashed
- 1 tsp Gee and 1 tsp Oil
- 4 Green Chillies
- 1 tsp Mustard seeds
- 1 tsp Cumin Seeds
- 1 tsp Methi seeds
- pinch of Hing
- 6 to 7 Curry Leaves
- 2 tsp Garlic paste
- 1 Tomato chopped
- 1 1/2 tsp Coriander powder
- 1 tsp Goda or Garam Masala
- 1/4 cup tamarind pulp
- 2 tsp Jaggery or Gudh
- 2 cups Whole wheat flour
- Salt to taste
- Wash and pressure cook toor dal until its cooked.
- Take whole wheat flour, add some salt and knead stiff sough adding small amount of water at a time. Let it rest for 10 mts.
- Heat oil and ghee in a pan, add mustard seeds, cumin seeds, methi seeds, pinch of hing, curry leaves, garlic paste and saute till garlic gets nice golden color.
- Add green chillis and boiled dal, mix, add water, chopped tomatoes, add goda masala, add red chilli powder, coriander powder, salt, mix.
- Add tamarind pulp, jaggery, mix and cook on low heat.
- Make small golf ball size from dough and roll it very thin, cut with knife in to desired shape and drop them in to dal mixture.
- After adding all dumplings mix well, cover and cook on medium heat for 15 to 20 mts till dumplings are cooked.
- Serve with pickle, chutney and papad!
- It starts to thicken as time goes so add water accordingly.
- Once you add all spices and check for seasoning.
Not Available Related Recipe !
Leave Your Comment And Suggestion Here
28 July 2016
19 July 2013
turns out very tasty....Thanks Madhura....& pls add more receipes for kids
3 June 2013
Hi Madhura, Just want to share my blog with you... mugdha padalkar http://mugdhapadalkar.wordpress.com/2013/06/02/%E0%A4%B5%E0%A4%B0%E0%A4%A3-%E0%A4%AB%E0%A4%B3%E0%A5%87/