Batat Vada Sambhar - Tasty, crispy, spicy, fluffy batata vadas dipped in delicious Sambhar... Awwww.... Nothing beats that...
- 3 Boiled Potatoes
- 3 tsp oil
- Salt to taste
- 4 Cloves of Garlic
- 5 Green Chillies
- 1 tsp Lemon juice
- Coriander leaves for garnishing
- 1 cup Besan / Gram Flour
- water 1/2 cup
- 1 tsp Red Chilli powder
- 1/4 tsp Turmeric powder
- 1/4 tsp Baking soda
- Boil, peel and grate the potatoes.
- Make a coarse paste of garlic and green chillies.
- Heat oil in a pan once oil is hot add coarse paste
- of ginger garlic and saute till raw smell goes away.
- Add turmeric powder, grated potato and salt, mix well.
- Add lemon juice, coriander leaves and mix.
- To make batter - Take besan in a bowl. Add red chilli powder, salt, baking soda, water and whisk until batter is smooth.
- Make small balls from potato mixture, deep in batter coat well and deep fry in oil until it gets nice golden color.
- Serve hot with Sambhar topped with some sev, onion and coriander leaves.
Not Available Related Recipe !
Leave Your Comment And Suggestion Here
Celine Robert D'souza :
9 August 2013
Hi Madhura nice to see your recipes I like them but today I was just browsing and I found one recipe as batata vada sambhar but the image shows medu vada sambhar. I want to know the recipe of medu vada sambhar. Please send this recipe in my email. Thanks.
madhurasrecipe (mod) :
30 November 2011
Anonymous, <br/>Sure, I will work on it. Thanks
24 November 2011
Hi, would appreciate if you could post the recipe for the sambhar, same as the udupi style. <br/>Looking forward for the recipe...thank you
29 June 2011
Hello Madhura, <br/>I Just love your recipies. Please post a recipe for sambar that u have showd in this video..thank u
8 March 2011
hi madhura.. <br/> <br/>vada sambhar is really delicious and i need to know whether we can add bread crumbs after dipping potato mixture in batter.Thanks.