It is a delicious dal recipe with three dals such as chana, green moong and tuar all blended together with Indian spices. it is beat serves with parathas. It is healthy too. Enjoy Tridal dal.
- Preparation time : 15 mts
- Cooking time :Â 40Â mts
- Serves : 2 to 3 people
- 1/4 cup spli black Urad Dal
- 1/4 cup slit green grams
- 1/4 cup split chana dal
- 1" piece of ginger
- 4 Green Chillies
- 4 Cloves of Garlic
- 1 tsp Cumin seeds
- pinch of Hing
- 1 tsp Coriander powder
- 2 tsp Oil
- 1 Onion finely chopped
- 1 Tomato finely chopped
- 1/4 tsp Turmeric powder
- First mix all dals together and rinse them in cold water very well. Then soak them up in enough water for 4 hours.
- After 4 hours put all dals together in to pressure cooker and cook until 5 to 6 whistles or until dal is cooked completely.
- After dal is cooked, add some water to the sal and mix very well.
- Mix ginger and chilli together in to blender and make that in to fine paste.
- Heat up oil in a kadhai, after oil is hot add cumin seeds and let them sizzle up.
- Then add hing and finely chopped onions.
- Let onions cook until they turn translucent.
- Then add chopped garlic and cook one more minute.
- Add turmeric powder and mix well.
- Then add tomatoes, coriander powder, ginger chilli paste and mix well.
- Cook until oil separates from spices.
- Then add boiled and mashed dal in to masala.
- Add salt to taste and a dash of sugar if desired.
- Bring it to boil.
- Serve hot with boiled rice or chapati!