Here is a recipe for sprouted Green Moong Khichdi...with real kick! Its a great one pot dish with the goodness of proteins in one shot..
- 1 cup sprouted Green Moon
- 3/4 cup rice
- 1 tbsp Oil
- 1 tsp Garlic and green Chilli paste
- 1/2 tsp Jeera / Cumin seeds
- pinch of hing
- 8 to 10 Curry Leaves
- 1 Tomato diced
- 1 tsp red Chilli powder
- 1 tsp Coriander powder
- 1/2 tsp Garam Masala
- 1/4 tsp Turmeric powder
- Wash and soak rice in water for 30 mts.
- Heat tbsp of oil in to pressure pan.
- After the oil is heated add cumin seeds and let them sizzle up.
- Then add hing and curry leaves.
- Then add garlic and green chilli paste, mix and allow it to cook for a minute.
- Add tomato, chilli powder, coriander powder, garam masala and turmeric powder.
- Mix and cook for 3 to 4 mts.
- Add rice and sprouts together and mix well.
- Add water and salt, mix well.
- Close with the lid and here about 3 to 4 whistles.
- After the rice is cooked and all the pressure has gone, open the lid and give it one more stir.
- Serve hot with some salad and mattha (chass) on the side!