Shevagyachya shenga are known as drumsticks in English. These are healthy and taste just yummy. These have their own distinct flavour which is generally loved by all. Let’s see another authentic, traditional Maharashtrian recipe Shevagyachya shenganchi amti. This is a perfect side dish.
- 2 Drumsticks
- 1 tsp Oil
- Mustard seeds
- 1/2 tsp Cumin seeds
- Curry leaves
- 1 small or medium finely chopped Tomato
- 1/2 tsp Garlic paste
- 1/2 tsp Coriander powder
- Turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp Red chili powder
- 1/2 tsp Goda masala
- 1/2 cup Water
- 1 1/2 cups boiled Tur dal
- Salt to taste
- Jaggery (Optional)
- Finely chopped Coriander leaves
- Cut drumsticks in pieces of about 2” and remove its skin.
- Heat up oil in a pan. Add mustard seeds and let them pop up.
- Add cumin seeds and let it sizzle up.
- Add curry leaves and tomato.
- Add garlic paste, coriander powder, turmeric powder, red chili powder and goda masala.
- Mix well and fry for about 2 minutes until garlic and other raw spices get absorbed in tomato.
- Add drumsticks and water. Cover and cook on medium heat for about 8-10 minutes until drumsticks are cooked well.
- Drumsticks don’t take much time to cook.
- Add boiled tur dal and water to adjust consistency.
- Add salt and jiggery. You can skip jiggery if you don’t like it. Mix well.
- Cover and boil amti on medium heat for about 5-8 minutes.
- Add lots of finely chopped coriander leaves.
- Turn off the gas and shevagyachya shenganchi amti is already.
- This goes well with poli or bhakari.
- It goes well with rice too.