Mix Dal Tadka is a simple yet delicious recipe which requires minimum efforts and is less time consuming. It makes a lip-smacking combo when had with piping hot Jeera Rice :D
Preparation time : 15 mts
Cooking time : 30 mts
Serves : 4 people
- 1/2 cup Toor Dal
- 1/4 cup Moong Dal
- 1/4 cup Chana Dal
- 1 tbsp Butter
- 1 Tomato chopped
- 2 Green chillies finely chopped
- 1 tsp Grated Ginger
- Pinch of Hing
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric powder
- 2 tsp Oil
- 1 tsp Mustard seeds
- 1 tsp Cumin seeds
- 1 tbsp chopped Garlic
- 1/2 tsp Garam Masala
- 1/2 tsp Red Chilli powder
- 5 to 6 Curry Leaves
- 2 to 3 slit Green chillies
- Wash and soak chana dal in enough water for 4 hours.
- After 4 hours rinse toor dal and moong dal and mix with chana dal in pressure cooker.
- Add hing, turmeric, tomatoes, green chillies, ginger, mix well.
- Cover and pressure cook until 4 whistles.
- Once dal is cooked completely then add butter and salt and mix it properly.
- For tempering heat up 2 tsp oil, add mustard seeds, cumin seeds, chopped garlic and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add curry leaves, garam masala, red chilli powder, green chillies, mix well.
- Pour tempering over boiled dal and garnish with coriander leaves.
Serve hot with Jeera rice!