Tired of eating same style day everyday? Then its time to think of an easy yet delicious Mango Dal. Very comforting and quick to cook on those days where you are tired of cooking entire full meal!
Preparation time : 5 mts
Cooking time : 25 mts
Serves : 3 to 4 people
- 1/2 cup Dal
- 1/2 cup diced Raw mango
- 1/4 tsp Turmeric powder
- 3 Green Chillies
- 1/8 tsp Hing
- 1 tbsp grated Garlic
- 1 tbsp Oil
- 1 tsp Mustard seeds
- 1 tsp Cumin seeds
- 7 to 8 Curry Leaves
- 4 dried Red Chillies
- Rinse toor dal under cold water and put that in pressure cooker.
- Add turmeric powder, hing, finely chopped green chilles and mix well.
- Then add diced raw mango, enough water to cook the dal.
- Put the lid on and cook until 3 to 4 whistles.
- After the dal is boiled, mash it very well and some water to adjust the consistency of dal.
- Add salt to taste and mix well.
- Now heat up oil in the separate pan.
- After oil is hot add mustard seeds and let them crackle.
- Then add cumin seeds, dried red chillies.
- Add grated garlic, mix and cook for a while.
- Add curry leaves.
- Pour the tempering over dal.
- Mix well. Serve hot with rice or chapati!