Katachi Amti is a type of seasoned dal prepared by using leftover water from boiled Chana Dal. Makes a great accompaniment for puranpoli!
Preparation time : 10 mts
Cooking time : 30 mts
Serves : 4 people
- 1 cup Chana Dal
- 2 tbsp Ghee
- 1 tsp Red Chilli powder
- 2 Bay Leafs
- 1" Cinnamon Stick
- 2 Cloves
- 1 tsp Goda Masala
- 1 tsp Coriander powder
- 5 to 6 Curry Leaves
- pinch of Hing
- 1/2 tsp Mustard seeds
- 1/2 tsp Cumin seeds
- 1/4 tsp Turmeric powder
- 4 tbsp Tamarind Pulp
- 1 tbsp Jaggery / Gul / Gudh
- 2 tbsp desiccated coconut
- Wash and soak chana dal in water for 4 hours.
- After 4 hours, put chana dal in pressure cooker and cook until 4 to 5 whistles.
- After dal is cooked, boiled strain out all the water from dal using strainer.
- Take water from dal in a pan.
- To that add red chilli powder, coriander powder, goda masala, bay leaf, cinnamon stick,
- clove, mix well.
- And put that pot on a medium heat and bring that to boil.
- Take a coconut in a pan and dry roast until it gets light golden color.
- Now add coconut in boiled dal.
- Also add tamarind pulp and jaggery in boiled dal.
- Continue to cook dal for 15 to 20 mts.
- Once dal is cooked, now its a time for tempering.
- For tempering heat up tsp each ghee and oil in pan.
- Once its hot add mustard seeds, cumin seeds, hing, turmeric powder, curry leafs.
- Pour that tadka over Amti.
- Garnish with coriander leaves.
Not Available Related Recipe !