Daliya Khichdi is prepared using Daliya or Cracked wheat which is rich in fiber and it's healthy recipe. Its very good alternative to your other favorite Khichdi recipes.
- 1 tbsp Ghee / Clariified Butter
- Cumin Seeds,
- Cinnamon Sticks
- Black Peppercorn
- Asafetida or Hing
- Ginger Garlic Paste
- Green chilies
- Curry leaves
- Turmeric Powder
- Cracked Wheat / Daliya
- Moong Dal
- Salt for taste
- Chopped Carrots
- Green Peas
- Coriander Leaves
- Lemon Juice
- Take ghee in the pan and start heat on medium high
- Once ghee is hot then add cumin seeds, cinnamon sticks, cloves and black peppercorn
- Then add asafetida or hing and ginger garlic paste and mix well
- Then add Green chilies, curry leaves, Turmeric Powder and mix well and cook for a minute
- Add cracked wheat and mix well and roast it just for 2 mins
- Add Moong dal which is washed and drained and then add in water
- Add salt for taste, chopped carrot, green peas and cook it until 1 whistle.
- Once all the pressure is released from pressure cooker then open the pressure cooker.
- Then add chopped red pepper and coriander leaves and mix it well
- Add lemon juice for taste
- Daliya khichdi is ready to serve.