To prepare Dal Palak, spinach is cooked with spiced and flavorful dal. It is very simple and easy to make and healthy too. It goes well with rice, Phulka, roti or nan. Enjoy Dal Palak.
- 1 tbsp Oil
- 1 tsp Cumin Seeds
- Few Curry Leaves
- 1 cup Sliced Tomatoes
- 1/2 tbsp Garlic Paste
- 1 tsp Garam Masala
- 1 tsp Coriander Powder
- 1 tsp Red Chili Powder
- 1 tbsp Butter
- 1 1/2 Cup Spinach Leaves
- 1 1/2 cup cooked Dal - 4 tbsp Toor dal & 2 tbsp Moong Dal
- Salt to Taste
- Take moong dal and toor dal. Wash them good and add 1 cup water. Cook them in pressure cooker until 3-4 whistle. Your boiled dal is already.
- Take a pan. Add oil and heat it on medium to high heat.
- Once oil is enough hot then add cumin seeds. When cumin seeds splutter, add curry leaves and diced tomatoes. Mix well and cook for 3-4 minutes.
- After tomatoes are cooked, add garlic paste, chopped green chilies, garam masala, coriander powder and red chili powder. Stir and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add butter. It's purely optional. Mix well and cook it for another minute.
- Add finely chopped spinach leaves. Mix well and cook the spinach completely. It will take just 3-4 minutes.
- Add boiled dal and salt to taste. Stir well.
- Cover the pan and let the dal simmer for 5 minutes. Turn off the heat.
- Dal palak is already to serve. It goes good with rice, fulaka, roti or chapati. You can have it as it is as soup too.