Dal is very good for health and a good source of protein for all you non-meat eaters. This is very easy, simple and yet delicious and my all time comfort food with rice.
- Boiled and mashed toor dal
- 1 green chilli finely chopped
- 1 tsp lime juice
- finely chopped corriandar leaves
- Oil 4 tsp
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- pinch of asafoetida
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- 2 tsp chopped garlic
- 7 to 8 curry leaves
- salt to taste
- Wash toor dal and pressure cook until soft and mooshy.
- Boil dal again by adding chopped green chillies.
- After boiling the dal, turn off the heat. Now add Lemon juice, salt and corriandar leaves.
- For Tdaka - Heat 4 tsp oil or ghee. Add mustard seeds, cumin seeds, hing, curry leaves and garlic.
- Saute till garlic gets nice golden color. Add slit green chillies.
- Pour tadka over dal and serve hot with rice or roti.
Not Available Related Recipe !
Leave Your Comment And Suggestion Here
Mahmood BHAMJI :
10 February 2016
I live in London UK of Gujarat background. I enjoy watching your cooking shows and are great inspiration. Your style is gentle and clear and that makes it easy to follow. Great simple recipes. Thank you.
22 September 2013
Madhura can u please teach us to make samosa step by step