Dal is very good for health and a good source of protein for all you non-meat eaters. This is very easy, simple and yet delicious and my all time comfort food with rice.
- Boiled and mashed toor dal
- 1 green chilli finely chopped
- 1 tsp lime juice
- finely chopped corriandar leaves
- Oil 4 tsp
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- pinch of asafoetida
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- 2 tsp chopped garlic
- 7 to 8 curry leaves
- salt to taste
- Wash toor dal and pressure cook until soft and mooshy.
- Boil dal again by adding chopped green chillies.
- After boiling the dal, turn off the heat. Now add Lemon juice, salt and corriandar leaves.
- For Tdaka - Heat 4 tsp oil or ghee. Add mustard seeds, cumin seeds, hing, curry leaves and garlic.
- Saute till garlic gets nice golden color. Add slit green chillies.
- Pour tadka over dal and serve hot with rice or roti.
Not Available Related Recipe !