Dal panchmel is made from 5 different lentils/dal. This is very healthy recipe as it is protein packed. This can be a good variation for regular dal. This is a very easy and simple recipe. Let’s learn to make delicious dal panchmel.
- 1/4 cup split Masoor dal
- 1/4 cup Moong dal
- 1/4 cup Tur dal
- 1/4 cup Urad dal
- 1/4 cup Chana dal
- 2 cups Water
- 2~3 Green chillies
- 1/2” Ginger
- 7~8 Garlic cloves
- 2 tsp Ghee
- 1/2 tsp Cumin seeds
- A pinch of Asafetida
- 8~9 Curry leaves
- 2 medium size chopped Tomatoes
- 1/4 tsp Turmeric powder
- 1 tsp red chili powder
- Salt to taste
- Finely chopped Coriander leaves
- Take masoor dal, moong dal, tur dal, urad dal and chana dal into a bowl and mix well.
- Wash the lentils with water for 2-3 times really good.
- Add 2 cups water. Cover and rest it for at least an hour.
- Pour out all lentils with water into pressure cooker. Add some more water.
- Close the lid of cooker. Cook the lentils on medium heat for about 3-4 whistles.
- Beat the lentils nicely. Add some more water to adjust the consistency.
- Take green chillies, ginger and garlic. Pound down all roughly. Ginger-garlic-green chili paste is already.
- Heat up a pan and add ghee. When ghee is enough hot, add cumin seeds and let them splutter.
- Add asafetida and curry leaves. Stir well.
- Add tomatoes and mix well.
- Cover and cook on medium heat for 3-4 minutes.
- Add ginger-garlic-green chili paste, turmeric powder and red chili powder.
- Stir well and cook for about 2 minutes.
- Add cooked dal and salt. Mix well.
- Cook on medium heat for 5-7 minutes more.
- Garnish with coriander leaves.
- Dal panchmel is already.
- Dal goes well with rice, paratha, chapatti or fulka.