Simplest lentil recipe. This is the easiest and healthiest recipe since dal is a protein powerhouse and is a majore source of proteins for vegeterians like me. Tastes simply amazing!
- 1 cup boiled dal
- 3 tsp oil
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 1 tomato finely chopped
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 2 green chillies chopped
- 1 tsp red chilli powder
- 1/4 tsp corriandar powder
- 1 tsp kasoori methi
- corriandar leaves for garnishing
- salt to taste
- Wash and boil toor dal till its soft.
- Heat oil add mustard seeds, cumin seeds, onions and cook till onions get light brown color.
- Add green chillies, garlic, turmeric powder and saute for 1 minute.
- Add corriandar and cumin powder, mix and cook for 2 mts.
- Add tomatoes, mix, cover and cook for 4 to 5 mts till tomatoes becomes soft.
- Add red chilli powder, mix and add boiled dal, mix well.
- Add some salt, kasoori methi, mix and cook for 5 mts.
- Garnish with corriandar leaves.
- Use the Dal of your choice, you may use mix lentils.
- Tomatoes should get properly cooked.
Leave Your Comment And Suggestion Here
7 August 2013
Hi Madhura I tried this dal today. I added the dry powders(jeera and dhanya) after adding tomato instead of adding before tomato. Would this have changed the taste? In some of your recipes you add dry powders after adding tomato. Changing this sequence, will it alter the taste of the food? Thanks
12 September 2012
Excellent cooking advice Madhura, I use your recipes to cook marathi dishes in london. My best wishes to you. <br/> <br/>Many Thanks
7 June 2012
I tried this recipe, it came out good. Thank you!
5 June 2012
I tried and this dal tadka is very good amazing test. <br/>thanks for your hard work.
madhurasrecipe (mod) :
25 May 2012
Hi Scarlett, <br/>You could use 4 to 5 pods of Garlic. Thanks for asking )
2 October 2011
hi, <br/>aapane is recipe me pure ingredient nahi likhe he, <br/>uska nap bhi pata nahi chal raha, <br/>plz wo batana.