Simplest lentil recipe. This is the easiest and healthiest recipe since dal is a protein powerhouse and is a majore source of proteins for vegeterians like me. Tastes simply amazing!
- 1 cup boiled dal
- 3 tsp oil
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 1 tomato finely chopped
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 2 green chillies chopped
- 1 tsp red chilli powder
- 1/4 tsp corriandar powder
- 1 tsp kasoori methi
- corriandar leaves for garnishing
- salt to taste
- Wash and boil toor dal till its soft.
- Heat oil add mustard seeds, cumin seeds, onions and cook till onions get light brown color.
- Add green chillies, garlic, turmeric powder and saute for 1 minute.
- Add corriandar and cumin powder, mix and cook for 2 mts.
- Add tomatoes, mix, cover and cook for 4 to 5 mts till tomatoes becomes soft.
- Add red chilli powder, mix and add boiled dal, mix well.
- Add some salt, kasoori methi, mix and cook for 5 mts.
- Garnish with corriandar leaves.
- Use the Dal of your choice, you may use mix lentils.
- Tomatoes should get properly cooked.