One of the easiest and simplest Indian sweet. Wholesome and very healthy combination of wheat flour with home made ghee and lots of dry fruits. This halwa is just perfect during winter time and very healthy breakfast or evening snack for kids.
Preparation time : 5 mts
Cooking time : 20 mts
Serves : 4 to 6 people
- 5 tbsp Ghee
- 1 cup whole Wheat flour
- 3/4 cup Sugar
- 2 cups Milk
- 1/2 tsp Cardamom powder
- pinch of Saffron
- Assorted nuts
- Melt 5 tbsp ghee in a pan, add wheat flour and roast till nice aroma starts to realease and ghee starts to release from flour.
- Add dry fruits, milk and cook till milk gets absorbed with flour.
- Add sugar mix well and finally add cardamom powder.
- Use some extra tbsp of ghee for better taste and texture.
- Try to increase or reduce the amount of sugar depending on how sweet Halwa you want.