Schezwan sauce is a must for making Chinese dishes. It also can be served with Indian snacks like cutlets or French fries or any Indian pakoras. The basic ingredients for this sauce are red chillies, garlic and ginger. This is a very easy and simple recipe. Let’s make Schezwan sauce.
- 50 gm Begadi Mirch
- 1 cup Hot Water
- 1/4 cup Oil
- 1 tbsp Ginger
- 1 tbsp Garlic
- 1 tsp Tomato sauce
- 1 tsp Vinegar
- Salt to taste
- Take chillies. Pluck off their stalk, cut into half and remove seeds form it.
- Soak chillies in hot water for about 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes, transfer this soaked chillies into blender jar and make fine paste.
- Do not add much water. Add just about 1-2 tsp water if required.
- Heat up oil in a pan. When oil is enough hot, add ginger and garlic.
- Mix well and fry until it turns light golden. Add red chilli paste and mix well.
- Fry until paste releases oil from sides for about at least 5-6 minutes.
- Add tomato sauce, vinegar and salt to taste. Mix well and add a little water.
- Cook sauce on high heat for about 5-6 minutes.
- When oil begins to float over the sauce, it is ready.
- You can store it in air tight glass container when it cools down completely.
- It remains good in freeze for 1-1 1/2 months.
- If you want hot sauce, don’t remove seeds.
- You can use any other chillies than bedagi mirachi.
- When the sauce cools down, transfer one tea spoonful sauce into each ice cube of ice tray. Freeze the sauce into ice and store it in zip lock bag. This frozen sauce lasts for 4-6 months.