Kaju katli is a very popular Indian sweet. It is widely used to gift relatives and friends during festivals especially diwali. It is most sought after sweet which no one can resist. Kaju katli is prepared using cashew nuts and sugar. This is very simple and easy method to prepare kaju katli. Let’s prepare kaju katli.
- 1 1/2 cup Cashew nut powder
- 1/2 cup Milk powder
- 1 cup Powdered sugar
- 1 tsp Ghee
- A drop of Rose essence (Optional)
- In a bowl, take cashew nut powder.
- To prepare cashew nut powder, take cashew nuts put them in spice jar and grind them.
- Make sure that no bits of cashew are left in the powder. Sieve the powder through sieve if required.
- Add milk powder, powdered sugar and ghee. Mix everything really good.
- Once everything is mixed well transfer the bowl in microwave and microwave for 2 minutes.
- We just want to warm the mixture. Mix everything well. Add milk just enough to make the mixture into dough.
- Add rose essence (Optional).
- Add 1 tsp milk at a time and mix well.
- Repeat until mixture turns into dough.
- When the mixture looks nice and soft, pour it out into a dish.
- Knead the mixture into soft dough. Kaju katli dough is already.
- 2 tsp milk was enough for me to knead the mixture into dough.
- Knead until fat start releasing from the dough.
- Take rolling board and grease it with ghee. Also grease the rolling pin with ghee.
- Put the dough on the board and roll the dough.
- Cut it into diamond shape with the help of pizza cutter.
- Remove the kaju katli. You can garnish this with silver warkh.
- Don’t use homemade powdered sugar. Try to use store bought icing sugar or confectioners’ sugar as homemade powdered sugar doesn’t have that fine consistency.
- When you eat kaju katli, you may taste sugar crystals in it if you use homemade powdered sugar.