Making rava ladoo is a tricky business. If you go wrong in sugar syrup consistency, the recipe is in vain. But for this recipe there is no making sugar syrup. Just steam it and there you go.. Rava ladoo is already. Steamed rava ladoo is a very simple and delicious recipe. Do try these laddo for this diwali and drop a comment for me. You also can like, share and subscribe.
- 1 tsp Ghee
- 1 cup Fine Rava / Sooji
- 1 cup Shredded Coconut
- 3/4 cup Powdered sugar
- 1 tbsp Dry fruits
- 1/4 tsp Cardamom powder
- 3 tsp Milk
- Heat up a pan on medium heat.
- Add ghee and rava. You can skip ghee if you don’t want.
- Roast the rava a little on medium heat for just 4-5 minutes.
- Rava should not change its color.
- You also can roast the rava in microwave too.
- Turn off the gas and let the rava cool down a little.
- Add shredded coconut and mix well.
- Take the mixture into a pot and steam it for 20 minutes on medium heat.
- After steaming for 20 minutes, let the pot containing the mixture be in the steamer itself.
- Take the mixture into a dish.
- Add powdered sugar, dry fruits and cardamom powder. Mix well.
- You also can add dry fruits while steaming.
- Do not add more milk.
- You can use ghee instead of milk. If you use melted ghee, ladoo will last longer.
- Try to roll ladoos when the mixture is hot.
- Roll the ladoo. Add raisin and roll again.
- Steamed rava ladoo are already.
- These will remain good at room temperature for 2-3 days.
- These will last for 1 week if you store these rava ladoo in freeze.
- Just take these out of freeze a few minutes before eating or microwave these for just 10 seconds.
- Try use avoid use of non stick pan or kadhai while roasting rava. As it has a little coarse texture, non stick pan may get scratches.
- While making powdered sugar for any sweet especially for ladoo, make very fine powdered sugar. After blending for 4-5 minutes and sieve it through a strainer for sooji. Then use the powdered sugar for making ladoo.
- When we add moisture, powdered sugar releases the moisture. Also rava is hot. So add very little milk or ghee just for binding.