A maharashtrian way to cook tomato chutney. Tastes awesome with roti, rice or just as it is.
- 2 tomatoes chopped
- 1 small onion chopped
- 1 tsp chopped garlic
- 3 tsp oil
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tsp Jaggery / Sugar
- 4 to 5 Curry Leaves
- 1 tsp Red chilli powder
- 1/2 tsp garam masala powder
- Heat oil add mustard seeds, cumin seeds, pinh of hing, curry leaves, garlic and saute till garlic gets light golden color.
- Add chopped onion and fry till onion gets light brown color.
- Add red chilli powder, garam masala and cook for about a minute.
- Add chopped tomatoes and jaggery or sugar, mix, cover and cook for 3 to 4 mts till tomatoes becomes soft.
- Add some water and salt mix.
- Add roasted peanut powder, mix and cook for 2 mts.
- Garnish with corriandar leaves.