A maharashtrian way to cook tomato chutney. Tastes awesome with roti, rice or just as it is.
- 2 tomatoes chopped
- 1 small onion chopped
- 1 tsp chopped garlic
- 3 tsp oil
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tsp Jaggery / Sugar
- 4 to 5 Curry Leaves
- 1 tsp Red chilli powder
- 1/2 tsp garam masala powder
- Heat oil add mustard seeds, cumin seeds, pinh of hing, curry leaves, garlic and saute till garlic gets light golden color.
- Add chopped onion and fry till onion gets light brown color.
- Add red chilli powder, garam masala and cook for about a minute.
- Add chopped tomatoes and jaggery or sugar, mix, cover and cook for 3 to 4 mts till tomatoes becomes soft.
- Add some water and salt mix.
- Add roasted peanut powder, mix and cook for 2 mts.
- Garnish with corriandar leaves.
Leave Your Comment And Suggestion Here
10 March 2016
You saved me this night from being starved. By the way, create an app for easy and quick access.
11 September 2013
hi madhura....the dish looks delicious but when I tried it ,it turned out very sour in taste...I actually used cherry tomatoes may be it was the reason it tasted more sour....but I rarely get here normal tomatoes like we get it in india...so is there anything to avoid the sourness of this chutney...
28 August 2013
how much .peanut powder to add?
shraddha Bhat :
11 April 2012
I tried andperb its superb!!!a
28 April 2011
can i store this cutney in the freeze? <br/>and how long?