Peanut chutney is a very easy and simple recipe. This is a no fuss recipe and a very good side dish. This can be a good travelling dish with paratha or thepala or poori. Do try this easy recipe and drop a comment for me. Do not forget to like, share and subscribe.
- 1 cup Peanuts
- 5~6 Garlic cloves
- 1/2 tsp Cumin seeds
- 1 tbsp Red chili powder
- Salt to taste
- Heat up pan on medium heat.
- Add peanuts and roast them.
- Roast peanuts on low to medium heat for about 10-12 minutes.
- Stir continuously while roasting.
- The peanuts should get nice even brown color.
- You also can roast the peanuts in oven.
- Turn off the gas and transfer the peanuts into a dish.
- Peel the roasted peanuts when these cool down.
- Take few peanuts in your hand and rub them a little.
- The skin will be easily removed.
- Take peanuts in mortar and pestle.
- Add garlic cloves, cumin seeds, red chili powder and salt.
- Pound everything well together until a little coarse powder is ready.
- Do not forget to place a thick cloth under the mortar to prevent the sound of pounding.
- Chutney is already.
- You can transfer all the ingredients into a blender jar and blend into coarse powder.
- If you want a little oily chutney then add a little oil while blending and you will get a little oily chutney.
- You can store the chutney in airtight container.
- It has shelf life of about 3-4 months.
- You can serve this chutney as side dish.
- It goes well with paratha or thepla while travelling too.