Sandgi mirchi is a Konkan special recipe. Green chillies are stuffed with spices and dried under hot sun. These taste just awesome. This is an age old traditional recipe. This is a perfect side dish and once prepared can be used throughout the year. Let’s make Sandgi mirchi.
- 1/4 cup Coriander seeds
- 2 tsp Mustard seeds
- 1 tsp Fenugreek seeds
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp Asafetida powder
- 1tbsp Oil
- Bhavnagari green chilies
- Let’s make masala for stuffing in chillies. In a blender jar take coriander seeds, mustard seeds and fenugreek seeds.
- Blend it into coarse powder. Do not make fine powder.
- Take the blended powder into a dish.
- Add turmeric powder, salt and asafoetida. Add oil and mix well.
- Take chillies and make a slit at the centre. Make a small cut near the stalk too.
- We have to stuff the chillies. Remove the seeds from the chillies.
- Stuff the masala in chillies. Pack it tightly by pressing really good.
- Dry these chillies under hot sun for 4-5 days.
- You also can dry these in microwave if you don’t get sun’s heat enough. You can bake the chillies in oven at 100 Deg C or approximately 200 Deg F for 3-4 hours.
- These dry up in 3-4 hours. You can reduce the temperature to 90 Deg C too.
- On drying these chillies change their colour. They turn whitish.
- You can use these chillies in tadka especially for dahi butti.
- They go well as side dish when shallow or deep fried.
- Oil is used for binding the masala. When we dry the chillies or fry it masala doesn’t spill out.
- Do not remove the seeds if you don't want to.
Leave Your Comment And Suggestion Here
27 March 2017