A mango season with lots of raw mangoes available around, its a perfect time to make this quick Sakharamba. This sweet and tangy mango chutney make a perfect side dish or goes perfect as a mango jam over slice of toasted bread! A hasslefree recipe and good to go anytime you want it....
Preparation time : 10 mts
Cooking time : 10 mts
Serves : As long as it lasts...
- 1 Raw Mango
- 3/4 cup Sugar
- 1/4 tsp Cardamom powder
- 7 to 8 Saffron strands
- Peel the raw mango and grate using fine holes on grater.
- Now mix sugar, cardamom powder and saffron with grated mango, cover and keep for 10 mts.
- Now microwave mixture over high power for 3 mts.
- After 3 minutes remove bowl from microwave, give mixture a mix and continue to microwave for 3 more mts. At this point of time be sure to stir mixture in between.
- Take the bowl out from microwave and again stir and microwave for 1 or 2 minutes more or until sugar syrup gets two thread consistency.
- Let the sakharamba cool down at room temperature.
- Store it in clean glass jar and it lasts for a month at room temperature and up to 6 months in refrigerator.